The Smart Leakwise Controller (SLC-220) is a digital signal processor that interfaces with Leakwise ID-220 Series Oil-on-Water Monitoring Sensors to report hydrocarbon spill/leak alerts, including layer buildup and thickness. The SLC-220 enables communications via a wide variety of outputs and communication interfaces for local or remote reporting, including relays, 4-20 mA output, RS-485 Modbus output to SCADA systems and SMS text messages to cell phones and computers. It is designed for low-power consumption in onshore and offshore applications without an available power source.
The SLC-220’s modular design and flexible configuration provides solutions for all specific customer needs. It can be powered by an AC line, a DC line, or a battery, and operates in wired and/or wireless applications. The SLC-220 supports up to four Leakwise Sensors.
Typical SLC-220 and Leakwise ID-220 Series Sensor applications include oil spill/leak monitoring in tank farm sumps, discharge from industrial wastewater treatment plants, hydrocarbon pipeline pumping stations, hydroelectric and fossil fuel power plants, transformer substations, groundwater monitoring wells, remediation sites, offshore terminals, and intake of sea water desalination plants.
Features & Benefits
• Low-power consumption with wired or wireless connection to customer’s main control system
• Built-in self-diagnostics of the Leakwise Sensors and SLC-220
• User selectable parameter settings allow for customization in each application
• Processor firmware/software updates that can be downloaded by the user
• UL for USA & UL/CSA for Canada, NEMA 4X standard, with Explosion-proof NEMA 7 for Class I Groups B, C & D optional
• Maximum distance between the SLC-220 and ID-220 Sensors: Up to 1,200 m (4,000 feet), subject to hazardous area restrictions and use of Zener Safety Barriers
• Capable of installation outdoors in temperature ranges of -40 C to 70 C