When buying a SHAW dewpoint sensor, you know that you’re buying into over 60 years of proven technical experience. The aluminum oxide sensor, used for measuring trace moisture in air and gases is a great example of why you can always put your trust in us.
Construction of the aluminum oxide sensor is critical to the performance and reliability of systems and yet the construction varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Our methods are tried, tested and trusted and involve layering and treating high quality components in such a way that we can control sensor speed, sensitivity and base capacity.
Unlike other manufacturers, we have the capability to manufacture the sensor’s base layer with a level of precision that ensures a stable, reliable and drift free dewpoint sensor. Plus our continuous research and development program, has enabled us to manufacture uniform and water vapor specific pores for rapid and predictable response.
The overall measurement range covered by the sensor is –100 °C to +20 °C (-148 °F to +68 °F) dewpoint, which corresponds to 0.001 ppm to 0.2 percent by volume.
- P (Purple): -100 °C to 0 °C (-148 °F to +32 °F) DP, 0 – 6,000 ppm
- S (Silver): -100 °C to -20 °C (-148 °F to -4 °F) DP, 0 – 1,000 ppm
- G (Grey): -80 °C to 0 °C (-112 °F to +32 °F) DP, 0 – 6,000 ppm
- R (Red): -80 °C to -20 °C (-112 °F to -4 °F) DP, 0 – 1,000 ppm
- B (Blue): -80 °C to +20 °C (-112 °F to +68 °F) DP, 0 – 23,000 ppm