The ID-227 System consists of a:
- Sensor with a high frequency transmitter mounted on a wave rider float
- Separate controller
- Cable connecting the sensor and controller (wired model only)
The wave rider float is designed to maintain the position of the detecting antenna at the liquid/air interface, despite fluctuations in the water level due to waves and tide. It has two field adjustable alarm points:
- Low oil alarm — Detection of a predefined layer of hydrocarbons
- High oil alarm — Detection of a hydrocarbon layer at a second predefined thickness
A Leakwise Oil-on-Water Monitoring System consists of a controller (signal processor) and one or more sensors, depending on application needs. The Leakwise® ID-227 Sensor is designed for installation at offshore oil tanker buoy terminals, jetties,and piers to detect floating oil sheens resulting from spills or leaks occurring during the loading and offloading process.
Additional applications include detecting and monitoring floating hydrocarbons in lagoons, lakes, rivers, open channels, large retention ponds, and near offshore oil rigs.
Features & Benefits
Features and benefits of the Leakwise ID-227 Oil-on-Water Monitoring Sensor include:
- Reliable unattended remote monitoring 24/7
- No false alarms
- Controller options to meet specific operating specifications and needs
- Low maintenance and low cost of ownership
- Adjustable alarm settings
- Suitable for a variety of applications
- Detects sheens as low as 0.3 mm
Leakwise uses Electromagnetic Absorption Technology. The instruments consist of a very high frequency transmitter connected to a mismatched antenna. The antenna is immersed in the monitored fluids enabling the detection of small sheens of oil. This technique delivers continuous monitoring of an oil buildup and the measurement of its thickness.
Controller options include the PS-220 Single Sensor Analog Signal Processor and the DSP-220 Digital Signal Processor for Multiple Sensors. The WSP-220 Digital Wireless Sensor Controller is also available for wireless monitoring applications.