BinMaster’s BM-T tilt switch is used for point level detection in a silo, over a conveyor belt, over an open pile or pit, and is also used for plug chute detection. It is suspended vertically over a control point using a wire rope, chain or flexible hanger. As the material level rises, the switch tips and causes a steel ball within the unit to shift position. When tilted to 15°, it activates a microswitch and causes an alarm condition. A stainless steel paddle is attached to the stainless steel shaft when the switch is used in rock, aggregates or other heavy solid materials. A plastic sphere is suitable for lighter powders and solids.
Features & Benefits
- Economical high level point detection
- Rugged construction and easy installation
- Simple design with one moving part
- Switch activated at 15 degrees
- Stainless steel paddle or plastic sphere options available